Hello Black Coffee Family!
Got a big weekend up events starting today! There has also been some delicious developments at the cafe. Get yourself down to the co-op!
What’s Brewing with Black Coffee?
- Black Coffee Logo Mugs are available for $9, and we’re almost sold out! Come get yours today, or order online at our shoppe.
- Catch your dreams! Beautiful new dream-catchers adorn the Black Coffee windows made from recycled/reclaimed bike parts. Art is courtesy of the talented Phoenix, and is up for sale.
- We’ve got beer & hard cider! A good selection of microbrews for $3.50 a bottle, largely from brewing co-ops, and of course good ‘ol Rainier for $2.
- Can’t put a book down? Now you don’t have to – we’ve set up a check-out system for our library! And as always, zines are free for the taking.
- And of course, events! Check out great events this weekend below!
Benefit for the People’s Organization for Community Acupuncture
6 – 7:30 pm: Briana Marela of Olympia, WA, and Bicycle Records will be playing while you guys enjoy FREE acupuncture treatments.
8pm – 10 pm: more music (Abby London and Boyd Phelps Sax Attack!)
The donations are pay-what-you-can, donate-from-your-heart, etc. ? ?
Cooperate: Black Coffee’s Truly Open Mic
All forms of art welcome, standard open mic, please bring your minds and hearts. Let’s build and express ourselves through the community of art. If you didn’t get a chance to perform last time, let us know.
Please positive vibes. Donations always welcome, but there’s no cover!
Paris is Burning Film Screening & Dance
QBC and GLITUR presents a night of glamour, queerness, and O-P-U-L-E-N-C-E! Join us at Black Coffee Co-Op.
We will be doing a screening of the 1991 Jennie Livingston documentary “Paris is Burning”, and then dance the night away to the best in vogue dance music and good time booty shakin beats!
“Paris is Burning” is a social commentary on not only queerness, but social, economic, and racial inequalities in America and how people can create a world of their own where they are more free from the bigotry and trappings of everyday existence.
After the screening, DJ Tony Burns, along with “Cool” Avery Friday and General Meow will be playin the hitz, and makin things reaL on the dance floor. They will also be playin some originals, Blind Photographers style! Come ready to get down, and show up dressed as your favorite ball category.